WHAT IS COLLAGEN ?
Collagen is the magic skin component that helps maintain elasticity and firmness of the skin. After the age of 25 collagen production in the skin gradually decreases, leaving us with wrinkles and lines around the face and neckline.
HOW RED LIGHT WORKS ?
Originally developed by the NASA to heal wounds, Red Light Therapy was found to promote and speed up skin regeneration.
The heat and light boost circulation, bringing more blood and nutrients to the area. It also instigates the release of chemical messengers called cytokines. As more cytokines are released, collagen producing cells (called fibroblasts) leap into action. If healing is required, then the skin will heal. If it is already healthy, you will get a plumping effect from the extra collagen created. Red light is able to penetrate the skin to a depth of 8 to 10 mm, encouraging the cells to naturally stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
This treatment is non invasive and “helps” your skin cells to build more collagen and elastine fibers, which are responsible for every aspect of your skin rejuvenation and healing. The red light is energing and repairing damaged cells, stimulating collagen and elastin and giving the skin back its youthful look.
COLLAGEN RED LIGHT THERAPY BENEFITS
Deep penetrating red light therapy is actually a non invasive, cost-effective, alternative treatment to all sorts of skin problems, skin appearance and is very effective as a natural pain reliever.
The red light therapy can help with :
- Skin rejuvenation and anti aging (tired aging skin). Improved elasticity and texture.
- Wrinkle reduction (softening of lines, folds and wrinkles).
- Improving moisture (increased moisture and radiance).
- Acne treatment (adult and teen).
- Pain relief by activating the production of endorphins.
- Accelerated skin repair (removing scars).
- Psoriasis and arthritis treatment.
- Improves the effectiveness of cosmetic products.
RESEARCH ABOUT Red Light Therapy (633nm) ?
- The International Center for Cosmetic Medicine in Australia (2007) finds the anti-aging and skin-rejuvenating benefits of red light therapy. "At 12-week follow-up, 91% of subjects reported improved skin tone, and 82% reported enhanced smoothness of skin in the treatment area". Source (2007) : US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health
- See the study of Red light phototherapy for rejuvenation and anti wrinkles
- Red light easily penetrates the dermis and can help with a variety of skin conditions, such as acne, rosacea, scarring and eczema, as well as improving skin quality,’ says Jo Martin, clinical director of Mapperley Park Clinic and an expert in light therapy and laser treatments.
COLLAGEN RED LIGHT THERAPY SIDE EFFECTS
Is Red Light Therapy Safe ?
According to the FDA (USA), the Red Light Therapy at 633nm has a non significant risk status (contain no UVA or UVB). It is also completely safe for the eyes. So it's safe and effective for all skin types and colors.